The Legal Trinity
EXPERTISE, REPRESENTATION AND FIELDWORK
I Areas of law / specific situations our firm can be of assistance in (non exhaustive):
• legal advice regarding the acceptance, settlement and distribution of the estate;
• determining the whether an executor/administrator is acting within his scope of competence;
• collecting a monetary claim you have in your capacity of creditor of the estate or an heir;
• acting as a subsitute executor/administrator or certified liquidator by proxy (SCE);
• acting as a court appointed liquidator (lodging of an application initiating proceedings by a barrister);
• locating and recovering misappropriated property on behalf of Jewish families among others.
II Acting as your representative before the cantonal court:
• in order to determine the size of a claim deriving from the passing of the first parent;
• to be granted the power to execute an act of conveyance and consumption in cases of usufruct;
• in order to have the executor/administrator relieved of his duties;
• for the heirs to be granted the power of disposition;
• with regard to the executor/administrator determining which assets are to be sold and in what fashion;
• to have the court set a date before which a share of the estate has to either be renounced or accepted;
• to be given permission to accept the inheritance under the benefit of inventory (after having discovered a last will);
• in order for the court to set a date before which a legacy has to either be accepted or renounced;
• to have the court determine whether the assets exceed the debts, should that be a matter of discussion.
III Legwork and Practicalities:
• selling real estate in the Netherlands, Germany or Belgium and paying off mortgages;
• closing or opening bank accounts and transferring funds;
• selling equity portfolios or buying stock on your behalf;
• dealing with the Dutch Tax Authority regarding income tax, inheritance tax, donation tax and corporate tax;
• arranging for disbursement of life insurance policies and representation in case of a dispute.
Among our clients are:
Because your matter matters to us.